Monday, March 14, 2011

Prabhu Deva dubs in Malayalam


Prabhu Deva dubbed in the Malabar slang that was spoken 400 years ago. TOI gets the details

Prabhu Deva is all smiles. For, he recently dubbed in Malayalam for Santosh Sivan's Urumi. Says a visibly-excited Prabhu, "As an actor, it was one of the happiest days of my life — to dub in Malayalam for Urumi. Initially, I had my fears as I had to speak in the lingo that was spoken 400 years ago, to go with the timeline of the film. And then, there was the Malabar slang to cope with. Though director Santosh Sivan had kept aside three days for my dubbing, I finished the best part of it in a single day!"

Another reason why the choreographer-actor is happy is that he got a chance to watch the film while dubbing for it. "I'm there throughout the film. The shots and locations are awesome. Urumi will take the audience to the 16th century. I think it will be a landmark film in my career."

The buzz is that the film will feature a song between Prabhu and Nithya Menen that's expected to scorch the screen. TOI understands that the audio of the film will be launched at a grand function in Thiruvananthapuram next week, in which the entire star cast, including Prithviraj, Genelia, Nithya, Vidya Balan and Arya, will be present. Says Santosh Sivan, "I'm very happy with Prabhu Deva. He was fantastic, a total professional, and was able to bring the subtleties of his character (Vavvali) out very well."

SOURCE : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Prabhu-Deva-dubs-in-Malayalam/articleshow/7686704.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment