Sunday, September 6, 2009

Priyamani empathized with her role in Ninaithale Inikum


For me, it was like reliving my college life. The part at the end about college elections was what I connected with, because it was exactly what happened when I was in college we used to go to each class and canvas for votes,says Priyamani about her role in Ninaithale Inikum [NI] opposite Prithviraj. The movie is one more Malayalam remake, but Priyamani vouches that the director has tweaked and twisted the story to suit Tamil audiences' tastes.

Although NI is a remake of the Malayalam movie Classmates, which was set in the 90s, the Tamil version has a contemporary setting. The Malayalam version had the female characters wearing long skirts and one-piece dresses, but I wear modern clothes that cater to the sensibilities of Tamil audiences. Modern but not revealing like short skirts or plunging necklines! That would be too unnatural; college girls don't wear such clothes. My character is that of a simple, yet realistic college girl.

Aazeek

No comments:

Post a Comment