Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tamil audiences are receptive to good films: Prithviraj Sukumaran


“I would like to produce films in Tamil as well, if my good friends like Arya give me dates,” reacted Malayalam superstar Prithviraj, who was in the city for the success meet of Urumi - Padhinaindham Noottraandin Urai Vaal, the Tamil version of his M’town blockbuster. Prithviraj is one of the producers of the film.

Speaking on the occasion, he said, “I watched the film a year ago in Malayalam, when it was first released.

I landed here on Friday night, and drove straight to a multiplex to watch it along with the audience.

To my pleasant surprise, the theater was jam-packed and I couldn’t get tickets. It was heartwarming to note that given a good film, the Tamil audience welcomes it with open arms. Thanks to Santhosh Sivan and Thaanu sir who made it happen.”

He disclosed that most of the actors who worked in Urumi were willing to part with their remuneration after listening to the film’s story.

Responding to a query whether his huge female fan base had diminished post his marriage, the handsome actor said in a humble tone, “It is not true that I had such a large female fan following, for it to come down after my wedding.

” Arya,who was also present at the event, said that he had always wanted to work with Santhosh Sivan and was thrilled when he called for Urumi.

“But unfortunately, Santhosh could offer only a cameo role. But I am really happy to be a part of this much-acclaimed period flick.”


via http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/kollywood/tamil-audiences-are-receptive-good-films-prithviraj-sukumaran-950


No comments:

Post a Comment