Saturday, February 11, 2012

Prithvi’s Nanban Ready for Second Innings


Ignoring the sprained neck that he got on the sets, Kollywood actor Srikanth seems to be enthusiastic about his role in the upcoming Mollywood movie,Hero.

Although his debut Mollywood movie, Uppukandam Brothers flopped at the box office, the actor is making a comeback via Deepan’s Hero.

“It was an obligation to take up Uppukandam Brothers, I wasn’t happy with the movie, but I considered it a learning process. Look at me now, I am a lot more confident and I am able to improvise in Hero, which is a movie within a movie.”

This is the third time that the actor will be seen with Mollywood star Prithviraj. The duo came together in the Kollywood movie, Kana Kandaen, Tollywood movie Police Police and will be seen together in Hero as well.

“I approached Prithiviraj for the Telugu movie he agreed to act without a second thought so for Hero I just went ahead when Prithvi asked me,” said the actor. Srikanth who shares a good rapport with co-star Prithviraj, feels that Prithviraj is growing in the industry by leaps and bounds.

“I saw him in his first Telugu movie, then in his first Tamil movie and he has certainly undergone a major transition. Prithvi knows the art of cinema, he is focussed and if you ask me who will be the leading light of the Mollywood industry in future — I would say it’s going to be him.”

The multi-starrer Nanban, a remake of 3 Idiots was a turning point for the star. He says, “I was blessed to get a call from Shankar sir as it was always my dream to work with him.”

Srikanth who plays Madhavan’s role in Nanban says, “Maddy is a versatile actor, I wanted to present my own version and didn’t want to get influenced by the star at all. Shankar sir took this as a challenge, butNanban is a movie that has mass appeal unlike 3 Idiots.’’

Playing the role of Venkat Ramakrishnan in Nanban, a completely fresh Srikanth can be seen in the movie.

The star had to shed extra kilos as well as gain weight for his role in the movie. “It was a major transition for me; I had to lose weight in 20 days as well as gain weight in the next 20!”


SOURCE: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/mollywood/prithvi%E2%80%99s-nanban-ready-second-innings-587


No comments:

Post a Comment