Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mani applauds Santosh Sivan!


The first exclusive sneak preview of the Santosh Sivan-directed Urumi in Malayalam, featuring Prithviraj, Prabhu Deva, Genelia, Nithya Menen and Amol Gupte, was held exclusively for Mani Ratnam recently.

Says Santosh, whose film is releasing today, "Right from my first film as director, I make it a point to show all my films first to Mani sir as I value his suggestions."

After watching the film, Mani Ratnam was all praise for Santosh, who was away in Trivandrum promoting the film. Says Mani, "Urumi is huge. It is entertaining and the performances are very convincing. It's simply Santosh magic." Adds Santosh, "Mani called me up and said it was filmed the way a period drama should be."

Santosh is getting a lot of positive feedback from audiences in Kerala, where the film has taken a fantastic opening. "The performances of the actors have come in for praise."

About rumours making the rounds that he will be working with his mentor Mani Ratnam for Ponniyin Selvan, he says, "I love doing period films, especially with a director like Mani sir. But nothing is confirmed yet. I'll take a call once the film releases in Tamil and English."

Arya and Genelia are equally kicked about Urumi. Says Genelia, who is in Chennai shooting for Velayudham, "Santosh sir has given me one of my best ever roles. I'm dying to watch it, but would prefer watching it in a theatre in Thiruvananthapuram or Kochi."

Adds Arya, who appears for just 10 minutes as a warrior and plays Prithviraj's father in the film, "Everybody is telling me that my special appearance has created a big impact. I'm very happy that Mani sir appreciated the film. I will be going to Kerala during the weekend just to watch Urumi in a theatre there."

SOURCE: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-04-01/news-interviews/29367223_1_mani-ratnam-urumi-mani-sir

No comments:

Post a Comment