Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Prithvi’s engagement is news to Priya


Despite making her presence felt across the south with a movie or two in every other state’s film industry, the National Award-winning Bangalore girl is making her Kannada debut only this year. What’s the experience been like, especially since many Sandalwood newbies are complaining about payment defaults and exploitation? “There have been no hassles and I’m enjoying my debut,” says Priya.

The Ram team has completed some talkie portions and a song featuring Puneet Rajkumar and Priya. “What a fabulous dancer Puneet is! I had to try really hard to match steps with him,” says the sultry siren, who’s completed 80 per cent of her scenes in Ravan. She’s also in Ninaithale Inikkum and Arumugam (Tamil), Mitrudu (Telugu) with Balakrishna, and has a Malayalam project with Prithviraj.
Priya’s great friends with Prithviraj, who’s a family friend and her co-star in several movies. Is he getting engaged soon? “It’s news to me. I’m currently working on three projects, including Ravan and Ninaithale..., with him. I only know that he’s in Chennai shooting for a song sequence in Ninaithale.... I don’t think the news is true,” she says. But if it is, Priya’s “happy” for her buddy.

A National Award must put quite a lot of pressure on her. “That doesn’t mean that I should always do performance-based roles. They come your way once in a while. I’m looking at striking a balance by doing commercial cinema too,” asserts Priya.

aazeekmovies

No comments:

Post a Comment